Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New games folder

4 posters

Go down

New games folder Empty New games folder

Post  Joe_Taylor Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am

Hi everyone! I've just made a new folder in the Dropbox called "Games and Songs" to try and collect in one place all the PPTs that are not for a specific class, but can be used with whatever target language is required. Below are instructions for the ones I've made. If you have any others, please copy them to this folder so they are all easily accessible, thanks!

5 little bears and 5 little ducks are for the songs of the same name.

All the game ones are designed for the students to be divided into two teams...

Typhoon - most people probably know already. Students each use the target language then throw the ball to choose a number from 1-12. You click that square, and assign that number of points to their team. If they get a lightning bolt (typhoon!), the other team loses all their points. The double arrow means the two teams switch points.
With lower level classes, I ask the questions. From CL04 and up, I print questions for the students to ask each other (practicing reading), or for a freer practice let them make their own questions.
Another variation is to write a student's name on each square, so whoever is playing has to use that student's name in their sentence to access that square.

Pirate boat game - assign a student's name to each pirate, and write these on the board. Each student then makes a sentence using the target language and another's name, then throws a stickyball at that student's pirate. If they hit it, you click the pirate so it falls off the boat. When a whole team has been eliminated, click the boat to sink it!

UFO game - I made this mostly for writing practice, with one student from each team going head-to-head. One team has the blue UFO and blue asteroid, the other team has the red UFO and red asteroid. The student who writes faster/correctly/prettier clicks on their own UFO, blowing up a portion of the other team's asteroid. When there's no more asteroid, one more click will blow up the other UFO.

Monkey tree game - similar to the UFO game, but you click the tree to make the monkey climb it. When one monkey reaches the top (after their tree has been clicked six times), the rival monkey falls out of the tree.

Angry birds game - based off the game that most students are obsessed with! Each team has a building with a pig inside. Assign a number 1-6 for each section of the building.
Click once to bring up the catapult.
Then, each student uses the target language, then gets to throw the dice. Click the dark grey part of the corresponding section of the other team's building, and that section will fall down. The students will need to keep using the TL and throwing the dice, as if they get the same number twice, it won't affect the other team.
When there's no building left, click the pig to cue the applause.
I made this one yesterday so haven't had a chance to test it, but it could potentially last a long time!

Joe_Taylor

Back to top Go down

New games folder Empty Re: New games folder

Post  vickyme Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Cool. I really like the angry birds game,Angry birds so popular now.Can we TAs use that before the class? Very Happy

vickyme

Back to top Go down

Post  sick j. Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks, Joe! You are amazing!
sick j.
sick j.

Back to top Go down

Post  yvonnezhongkouwei Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 am

lol! 顶起~

yvonnezhongkouwei