Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP

3 posters

Go down

Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP Empty Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP

Post  Kirkcampbell Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:31 pm

I've used Mr. Bean but feel like there are probably tonnes of other fun English-based clips that are funny and applicable to the upper CL and CH levels.
Any good'uns?
Kirkcampbell
Kirkcampbell

Back to top Go down

Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP Empty how?

Post  chocolatlova Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Using Mr Bean sounds interesting.

What specific clips do you use and how do you use the videos in class in relation to the language that you are teaching?
chocolatlova
chocolatlova

Back to top Go down

Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP Empty Re: Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP

Post  Kirkcampbell Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 pm

well I do it completely detached from the rest of the class as a change of pace for the higher level CLs, mostly just to keep proving that learning English has fun payoffs!

I started it in test weeks to kill time in the last 5mins of the lesson if they had all completed the tests and it goes down so well because they don't realise they're absorbing English language and culture, however minimal or incidental.

But, I would like to hear of any more videos that perhaps have a bit more English in them. Shannon- I think you had some good videos you had found on a Chinese website perhaps?

Anyone else?
Kirkcampbell
Kirkcampbell

Back to top Go down

Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP Empty Re: Funny and educational CL/CH videos for COP

Post  Admin Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm

I use www.youku.com/just for laughs or 开心一笑 - these are short funny 'candid camera' clips that are normally 2 minutes long. And they don't require any language to be understood.

Meaning students get the gist immediately.

I normally have students watch a clip three times and for each viewing they have a different task.

Round 1: with a partner write down as many nouns as you saw in the video.

Round 2: with a partner write down as many verbs (actions) which took place in the video.

Round 3: after helping students to form a few sample sentences, once the last viewing occurs, students must write full sentences.

Lastly you can have students write out a short 'narrative' paragraph.

Normally they are really motivated to be writing if they've enjoyed the video.

Here's an example clip:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA5NTA5Mjg4.html This is one of my favorites!!

Admin
Admin

http://sescningbo.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down