Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication is the key

Go down

Communication is the key Empty Communication is the key

Post  chocolatlova Tue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello,

I have been at Shanes for a while and it is a fact that my best classes are the ones where I have great communication with the TA.

I love it when a TA talks to me after class about how it went or about the parents concerns. Last week Jimmy came to me and talked to me about the telephone teaching and how the kids didn't understand a certain point and I thought that was great. I spend the first 10 minutes focusing on that problem and the kids got it.When the telephone teaching is horrible don't be shy to tell the teacher before class or even better,write a note and put it in the class so when the FT plans the class they can see what problems the kids are having.

Another TA, Sky told me about the parents concerns and what they would like to see in the playtimes. That really helped me satisfy their needs and from that point on my playtimes with that CP class is a little different because I want to keep the kids and the parents happy. Sometimes when the parents are asking for the things that are not possible or complaining a lot to Sky or any TA, I think it does mean something that the FT addresses the problem and talks to the parents about it.
I think sometimes the TA might be overwhelmed and might not know why the teacher does certain things that the parents don't like. It's important that the FT talk to the parents about what bothers them and not only on lesson 11 or 24.

I walked in on one of my TA while they were reviewing before class. The review was like 5 minutes and it was mostly the TA talking Chinese in front of the class writing on the board with his/her back to the kids. I think the TA didn't know how to review with higher level classes. If you don't know what to review or what to review before the class, please come and talk to the FT in advance. Communicate with the FT,what does the FT want to kids to review,what kind of games you can do,review the spelling or the speaking.

All these things are things you can talk about while you are in the office.You can also send emails to each other or write notes directly in the class folder.

I think it is really helpful for me to have the feedback from the FT on what is going on with the kids outside of the normal class hours.

I hope to hear more from everyone I work with.I get that some of the TAs might be shy to speak to the FT,but don't.We don't bite Razz

Suggestions,parents,telephone teaching,review before class,tests are all up for discussion.

peace

Nancy

chocolatlova
chocolatlova

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum