Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make up classes-is there another way?假期补课-如何在保证满意度的同时不停课?

Go down

make up classes-is there another way?假期补课-如何在保证满意度的同时不停课? Empty make up classes-is there another way?假期补课-如何在保证满意度的同时不停课?

Post  allenyale Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Although we always try our best to make a better holiday schedule, it seems inevitable to face parents' complaint everytime we try to make up classes for holidays. Some parents say that they don't have time to bring their kids to Shane for make up class. We could either cancel the class and sacrifice our profit to earn parents' satisfaction; or we can just go ahead have those classes, leaving those parents unhappy.

Thanks to Halley, I learned a new way to talk to the parents before holidays:
We tell the parents that 'the class moves on if over half of the sts make it to the arranged make-up time; the sts will have free review class with FT if less than half of them make it.' By proposing that, some who didn't want to come at first may end up bringing the kids here for a possible 'free review'. We could possibly get over half sts to come, and class moves on-no cancelling classes, no free reviews.

Crafty, isn't it? pirat

Yet, if the trick above doesn't work out, I strongly suggest the TAs arrange another make up time in 2-3 weeks. We can't afford the class is cancelled for good.

Our 'make up card' system seems are not working as well as we hope it would. I heard some other schools cancel classes on regular bases. And they have other ways to make up classes. If we develop a new 'make up system', it would make all of our work so much easier(and doesnt lose money Very Happy ).

What do you think, guys?

每次放假补课我们都要面对家长抱怨:没时间,老调课。。。
如果取消补课,孩子课业落下,影响学习效果,学校也损失营业额;如果不顾家长反对坚持上课,则影响家长满意度。
感谢Halley,贡献了一个新办法:
通知家长,“如果半数以上孩子来了,补课正常进行;如果不到半数孩子来,本次课则作为外教老师免费复习课”;如此一来,部分家长可能会因为免费复习课而来,一旦人员凑足半数,即可正常上课。
上面的办法如不奏效,我还是强烈建议当班TA和FT在假期后的2-3周安排其他时间补课。
我们的“补课卡”系统进行得并不是很顺利,听说其他学校有他们自己的补课体系,可以不影响课程进度,更方便地补课。关于建立一个更合理的补课体系,大家有什么建议吗?

allenyale

Back to top Go down