Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CL04 above before class activity ideas

+2
kevinisnotcool
T-train
6 posters

Go down

CL04 above before class activity ideas Empty CL04 above before class activity ideas

Post  T-train Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:44 am

The TAs in Yinzhou with high CLs have difficulties with games for CL04 above. She will organize students to review grammars and sentences before classes. However, she found difficult coming up with interesting games. She feels like the kids are bored with it.
Any ideas?

T-train

Back to top Go down

CL04 above before class activity ideas Empty Shooting game

Post  kevinisnotcool Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:53 pm

CL kids don't like easy games.They like difficult games that full of challenges.

Shooting game is a good choice. Shooting far away from the board.
kevinisnotcool
kevinisnotcool

Back to top Go down

CL04 above before class activity ideas Empty Re: CL04 above before class activity ideas

Post  sick j. Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

oops. wrong idea

Last edited by sick j. on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid post)
sick j.
sick j.

Back to top Go down

CL04 above before class activity ideas Empty Re: CL04 above before class activity ideas

Post  Admin Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:29 am

Before class Ta's have a great chance to use their strengths with native language when preparing students for class.

I would have TA's prepare translation tasks at this level. Ie:
- a PPT race to join English to Chinese.
- a writing relay where on the board are lists of either English or Chinese and students must run and write the OPPOSITE language.
- a mirror game - students face each other and one says English, the 'mirror' says the same thing in Chinese or vice versa. This can be a competition to see who is the best 'mirror.'
- paragraph tasks - students need to start to learn to translate into general meaning chunks, not word for word or sentence for sentence. Everyone reads a short paragraph and then students need to repeat the paragraph's meaning in Chinese. Or answer general questions.
- dictionary races - two teams are given words to look up and the first to find the word, read the definition and say the word in the OPPOSITE language are the winners.

Admin
Admin

http://sescningbo.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine HS Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 pm

CL04 above classes aren't easy to do what TAs say before class. But in Haishu we found the comptation system still work for them and worked really well. There're two weeks for one unit, so i got different ideas from our TAs to review for each week. The first week, we can have the stuednt listen and repeat along the CD, help them with the listening and a little of speaking. after that, translate some difficult words and senctence from the dialogue. Words spelling could be another choice, ask each team to spell different words by the whole team, which is each studnet write one letter from the word.

For the second week, we always have the topic from the current unit. TAs can ask students write as many sentences as they can from their life according this topice. The team write the most gets to win.

Christine HS

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindyzhao Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

It's very important to do review before the class at this level. I have a CL05 class. Sometimes i will ask students to make a circle in the classroom to read the dialgue.One student reads one sentenceļ¼Œthe other student translates into chinese.It's very important to make sure every Ss understand the dialgue. And sometimes i do spelling competition with them or i will teach them some phonics. You can pick some phonics unit to practice with them. If we are studying a new unit with new topic. We could do a preview about the new unit. but without the book or teaching them about the new words. just give them an general idea or introduction.

Cindyzhao

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Check out this link for a huge list of language games. I'll be categorizing them over the next two weeks. But for now, take a browse and try some out:

http://sescningbo.formyjob.net/t33-huge-list-of-language-learning-games-an-across-the-board-resource-bank#113

Admin
Admin

http://sescningbo.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down