Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper CK writing practice

Go down

Upper CK writing practice  Empty Upper CK writing practice

Post  Keola Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 am

Higher level CK classes CK04/05 (even CK03) need writing practice. It's nice to help prepare them for their tests. The last run of CK05 that I had I looked what was expected for the test then did some writing / drawing activities with them.

I used a form we made that had 4 lines for writing and a box to draw a picture. First I have the students divide the box into 4 squares, then I ask them to draw "She is jumping." I tell them draw a girl jumping, and so on using he, she, it, they. and the present continuous from Open Door 2.

After they are finished with drawing (I time them too, 15 seconds to draw.) For the writing practice, I make a key on the board with the words the students will use to answer my questions. {he, she, it, they, are, is, isn't aren't} I then test the student, "look at picture one, Is she jumping?" They write the answer on the 1st line. I continue from there. It was a nice review for the language and a bit of a change for the students.

I have used this in lower CL classes too. What other writing or phonics literacy practices have you all been doing in CK classes?

Upper CK writing practice  Ck_upp15

Upper CK writing practice  Ck_upp14
Keola
Keola

Back to top Go down