Shane English Ningbo Staff Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文)

+2
KevinChao
allenyale
6 posters

Go down

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文) Empty 20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文)

Post  allenyale Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 am

We promise to parents 20 minutes review with TAs before class. It is easy to do on week days. But during busy weekends, the promise is not that easy to keep.

We have full schedules on weekends. whenever there is a class goes overtime, the TA will not be able to have enough time to do the 20 minutes review with the kids of next class. some parents are not happy about their kids' review time got cut short.

Now we have a couple of ideas on how to solve the problem:
1. start the later class 5-10 minutes late, so they have enough time to do the review.
2. after the class, leave 5-10 minutes to make up for the imcomplete review time.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

周末繁忙,很难保证课前20分钟的课前复习时间。我们现在有两种方案:
1. 整班推迟5-10分钟上课
2. 上完课后再留5-10分钟,用以补完缺失的复习时间

欢迎拍砖。

allenyale

Back to top Go down

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文) Empty 20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文)

Post  KevinChao Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am

为什么没有看见其他校区的发言呀?

请各分校校长、TA主管、CC主管、以及TA、CC踊跃发言。

KevinChao
Admin

Back to top Go down

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文) Empty Re: 20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文)

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Allen,

This is definitely an issue everyone need discuss.

I think that planning of classes must account for this. Basically you have one classroom, and given that EVENTUALLY all classes will be 90 minutes, this is the best way to forecast how to use a classroom.

I wonder if you couldn't use the following kind of schedule:

Class 1 begins at 8:20 - students arrive at 8:00
Class 2 begins at 10:20 - students arrive at 10:00
Class 3 begins at 1:00 - students arrive at 12:40
Class 4 begins at 3:00 - students arrive at 2:40

This means there is always 20 minutes from the end of one class to the start of another where the classroom can be used for review.

I know we are used to the 8:30 start, but just 10 minutes earlier can help a lot and since teachers are at school at 8:00 am anyways, we can do it.

I know the writing school on the same floor as head office starts classes at 7:30 on saturday and sunday! So parents should be able to agree to arrive for review at 8:00am.

Would that work?

Admin
Admin

http://sescningbo.formyjob.net

Back to top Go down

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文) Empty Re: 20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文)

Post  Cindyzhao Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

I think this is something TMs and SMs can change. We have 4 classes on saturdays and sundays. only morning classes have this problem. Most TAs have three classes on weekends. One TA shouldn't have two classes in the morning. In that case, even students don't come to school early to review. they can stay later after class.
If TA have two classes in the morning.i think change time will help. 10minutes won't make any difference to the parents. But my concern is even students come to school 20 minutes early. Have the TAs prepared the review already?
For me ,20 minutes review time is for giving students chance to review the language and getting students ready for class. And it's very important for higher CL.CH classes too. It helps students to understand the garmmar which TA can explain in chinese for students.
Even TA has 10 minutes review with the students. If she prepared well enough. it's still enough for students.

Cindyzhao

Back to top Go down

Post  allenyale Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess the old customers are just used to the 8:30 schedule-they think that is early enough. I think what we can do now is start all the morning classes at 8:20. That'll give us more room to work with when the CP classes turn to CK.

allenyale

Back to top Go down

Post  vickyme Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 am

课前互动不仅是时间上需要进行协调,解决课前互动根本的问题还在于,这20分钟的互动质量上是否能够达到我们想要的预期效果,相信家长更希望看到的是互动复习带给孩子的收获。

vickyme

Back to top Go down

20 minutes before class warm up. What if we can't keep it?(中英文) Empty school bell?

Post  chocolatlova Tue May 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello,

Why don't we try having a school bell?

All the clocks in the classroom are not synchronized and some teachers are just not good with time and often go overtime.

If we had a school bell after an hour and another after an hour and a half it would put pressure on people to finish on time. We could have a policy that says that when the bell rings the kids have to be exiting the room.

I hope this idea helps

peace

Nancy
chocolatlova
chocolatlova

Back to top Go down

Post  allenyale Wed May 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Nancy.
We thought about it in the past, however, the classes end at different times, it could be confusing while we trying to figure out which class the bell is rining for.

allenyale

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down